Lines '98 was written by a student of Perm State Technical University
who used the handle Sorcerer. Menus are in Russian only, but you won't
need them very much:
- File Menu (leftmost): The only thing of relevance here would,
theoretically, be import skin, but the collection of skins and the skin
development kit (l98sdk) that Sorcerer offered are lost.
- Game Menu (second from left):
- Top entry starts a new game in the current mode.
- The next three entries start a new game in a specific mode:
- Lines: The traditional mode. Five in a row, column, or diagonal
- Squares: Balls forming a rectangular shape of at least 2×2 vanish.
- Blocks: You need seven, diagonals don't count, but the line may
There is probably a way to turn off the preview, but I haven't found
Later he re-released it as Lines Millennium with bilingual menus and
help file and a simplified skin format (skins were just renamed rar
archives containing all the necessary files), but also bundled with
adware, so this older version seemed more attractive after all.
- Concept: Color Lines
- Author: Sorcerer
- Year: 1998
- Country of Origin: