Shuttles is a board game by Shoptaugh Games, who also commissioned
and distributed this computer implementation. Every turn, a player may
make one of the following moves:
- Move one shuttle of his color one step to the left or right.
- Move the yellow center shuttle, unless the opponent has moved
it in the previous turn.
- Move one piece of his own color in a straight, free line.
- Jump over an adjacent piece of the opponent.
The goal is to get all of your pieces to the other side.
The shareware version will expire after being played 15 times. What
makes it worthwhile to check out nevertheless are the graphics and
animations by Dana Muise. You play against a strange yellow alien whom
the monster. His face will show what he thinks
about your moves, and he will occasionally scratch his chin while
thinking. The spectators cheer or jeer, one of them chews gum and
blows bubbles, another one occasionally throws a paper glider.
- Developer: Hypnovista Software
- Year: 1997
- Country of Origin: